Your Preparation Must Be Uncompromising
Most silks will readily admit that the silk application process is one of most stressful processes a leading junior will embark on. This is because:
- The process requires you to master a new way of thinking and drafting (competency based).
- You are required to recall the detail of your actions and thinking in cases your memory has long filed away.
- You must perform at your best during your silk interview when you are outside of your comfort zone, with something personally vested in the outcome and the questions are about you and not your client's case.
Unparalleled Silk Application Advice
Our silk application and coaching is provided by Martin, JAT's founding partner. A former leading junior for 14 years (1990-2004), appearing on several occasions in the House of Lords (as it then was) and European Courts, Martin pushes his clients on both the substance of their examples and cases, style of their form (drafting matters!) as well as ensuring they attend their QCA interview feeling prepared, confident and focused.
Martin provides advice and support to clients throughout the process (often months before a competition opens and will work evenings and weekends, as he knows only to well the time pressures leading juniors operate under. It is for these reasons that each year at least 80% of Martin's clients are appointed.
Master Competency Based Drafting
Completing your silk application form is extremely demanding and time consuming. Martin has advised hundreds of successful silk applicants and will advise you on:
1. Selection of your 12 cases using our 3 step process and table.
2. Tactical selection of your 20 Assessors.
3. Selecting the best examples.
4. Demonstrating excellence in Diversity and the other competencies.
5. Drafting techniques for maximum impact.
6. How the QCA exercise their discretion in those cases not falling squarely within the terms of the guidance.
Perform Like a Silk at Your QCA Interview
Our 1:1 silk interview coaching includes a video recorded challenging mock interview and research backed techniques used by special forces and other elite performers that will
1. Ensure your perform at your best at your interview, remaining calm,focused and confident.
2. Prepare you for the QCA questions. We have an in depth understanding of the type of questions you can expect to face and will advise you on how best to deal with them.
3. Address non verbal communication issues e.g poor eye contact and incongruent body language. As any good advocate knows, it is not simply a question of what you say, but how you say it that matters.
4. Ensure you communicate leadership presence and gravitas.
Call 020 7549 3606 for a no commitment discussion with Martin or email Jenny at email@example.com
Appointments until 8pm weekdays and weekends
We always go the extra mile for our clients because your world is our world.