Self-Assessment Training Videos
The process of obtaining a judicial appointment is more challenging and competitive than ever. Many JAC selection exercises have at least 10 applicants applying for each post.
When you add to the mix the fact that each exercise has several different hurdles and that the initial application stage window is now only two weeks (previously four weeks) then it’s not surprising that good lawyers who would make good judges, frequently fail to get appointed.
For the past ten years, we have advised lawyers and judges seeking judicial appointments at every level, from the Magistrates Courts to The Supreme Court. The vast majority of our clients are initially unclear as to how what exactly is required and how best to navigate through the competency-based process.
This is not surprising, given that competency-based processes are counter-intuitive and require you to think and communicate in a way that is different to the way you would normally do as a lawyer or judge. We say this as very experienced lawyers ourselves.
These 5 training videos are designed to take the pain out of the process, ensure you understand exactly what is required and maximize your prospects of appointment. Each video contains the same advice, strategies, and techniques we have shared with our clients over the past ten years.
Access Module 1 Today
1. Why you should start preparing well in advance of a selection exercise launching and how best to do that.
2. The rationale behind competency-based processes
3. How to recall and identify your best examples.
4. Types of examples that are effective.
5. The two important targets you want every example to hit.
6. Drafting technique for the self-assessment part of the form. You should not be drafting the way you would normally do as a lawyer
7. How to select the right assessors. Not as straighforward as you might think.
8. Myths and tips.
Each lesson comes in the form of a content-packed video and audio that you can watch or listen to from your desktop, laptop or handheld digital device 24/7 as many times as you wish.
Module 2 (JAC Selection Day training) will go on sale Mid-June 2018.